Author Topic: New members  (Read 163 times)

John Walker

Re: New members
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 10:24:00 PM »
I have just joined having been informed of the demise of the old group.  Thanks to John Walker for informing me.  I used to take part in the Guess the Place Quiz but not being that mobile and living in Kent within the M25, my sources of material were difficult to obtain.  I actually created my own SMF Kent Forum, mainly for a similar quiz, for a few friends but after a year the site got hacked so I had to abandon it.  I also appreciate the amount of effort that Admins have to do to keep it up-to-date and they have my admiration.

Good to see you on here Bob.  :)

John

BobH

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 03:37:10 PM »
I have just joined having been informed of the demise of the old group.  Thanks to John Walker for informing me.  I used to take part in the Guess the Place Quiz but not being that mobile and living in Kent within the M25, my sources of material were difficult to obtain.  I actually created my own SMF Kent Forum, mainly for a similar quiz, for a few friends but after a year the site got hacked so I had to abandon it.  I also appreciate the amount of effort that Admins have to do to keep it up-to-date and they have my admiration.

Invicta Alec

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 11:49:33 AM »
Hello I'm Mike, I used to be on Kyn's forum I did rather lurk a lot though…!
mmitch.

Hiya Mike. Glad to see you made the move over.

Alec.

AlanTH

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 11:40:00 AM »
Hi Alec and Fred and everyone else. Born and bred in Rochester in Feb. 1944. Left the towns for Australia in '72 but did return for 2 years in '77. Back to Oz and apart from a short visit in 1989 haven't been back since.
But I still like reading about what's happening back "home". :)
AlanTH.

mmitch

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 10:42:35 AM »
Hello I'm Mike, I used to be on Kyn's forum I did rather lurk a lot though…!
mmitch.

Invicta Alec

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 10:50:34 AM »
Hello Alec and Fred, I'm Alan from Perth in Western Australia. :)
AlanTH.

Hi Alan. Are you a Kent lad?

Alec.

AlanTH

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 10:15:08 AM »
Hello Alec and Fred, I'm Alan from Perth in Western Australia. :)
AlanTH.

Invicta Alec

New members
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 08:17:23 PM »
Slowly but surely the membership count is creeping up. The latest total is 97, so maybe a celebratory glass should be raised when the 100 milestone is passed shortly!

Oddly though, only 25 members have made posts.  :-X 

C'mon all you newbies with a zero count - get your first point on the board and at least reply to this by saying "Hi all, I'm Fred from wherever".

Alec.