Author Topic: Coronavirus. 2020  (Read 30340 times)

Offline Dave Smith

Re: Coronavirus. 2020
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2021, 01:29:09 PM »
MartinR. We seem to have wandered way off topic but as I've said before, it seems relevant to reply at the time. So, I meant to ask before, are you the chap who often sent videos on the old KHF cruising across to Southend or along the Medway?

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #210 on: April 02, 2021, 01:17:28 PM »
No, an open 2.7m RIB-type,  I was trying to get out to my yacht/tub which wouldn't have minded the weather at all, but poor lonely lass is about half a mile or more from the slipway.

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #209 on: April 02, 2021, 12:09:05 PM »
Stuart. How nice to hear a story of self sacrifice to help another. I think I probably would have done the same but not without a lot of inner turmoil- should I, shouldn't I ! My best wishes to you & your brother for a successful outcome. Incidentally, I found the Brazilian Sub. story very interesting, thanks.

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #208 on: April 02, 2021, 11:54:16 AM »
MartinR. Yes that's it, Zoladex. My oncologist made no reference to time but did say I must have a blood test every 12 weeks just to check & implied that the dose could be increased if necessary. You are a brave man, venturing out in that wind. Glad that "discretion was the better part of valour"!  Is it a sailing dinghy?

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: April 01, 2021, 05:31:45 PM »
Very pleased to hear that Stuart.  Sorry to hear about your brother, and you are showing true brotherly love.  Best wishes to you both.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: April 01, 2021, 05:26:10 PM »
They don't think I have Prostate Cancer, but it is enlarged. My PSA count was a little high, but nothing to worry about. The reason all this is being done is because my brother has kidney failure and I was going through the workup to make a live kidney donation when they discovered a slightly high PSA Count. The Transplant Service wanted the PSA count investigated and Prostate Cancer eliminated before they would be willing to proceed further. The last blood tests (in December) showed the PSA count to have returned to normal but the MRI scan done in December showed the prostate to be enlarged. I'll bet it looks like a swiss cheese now  ;D .
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: April 01, 2021, 05:19:40 PM »
Dave, that may be Zoladex, that's what I get every 12 weeks.  PSA dropped from 36 down to 0.01, but has crept back up to 0.56, a bit faster than expected.  Last phone call the oncologist stopped muttering about 5 years and now implied at least 3. :(
Castle261: I know what you mean about the wind.  I headed out on the Medway in the dinghy then decided that a half mile trip wasn't a good idea, since the return trip would be after the tide had turned and the waves would turn to a short chop with white horses.  I'll try again tomorrow.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #204 on: April 01, 2021, 04:57:26 PM »
I went for my walk - all along the flat to an outdoor gym, the was wind colder than I expected.
The outdoor gym closed for the winter, in November, now the gates were open so I went through.
I did not get far as the wind was much keener there. I turned back - the wind in my face this time.
I forgot to take my blue inhaler with me - so I stopped to find a bit of shelter from the wind.
I met a man about 60 + who uses the gym every day last September -  invited me to try some
of the equipment - I declined - although I liked the `walker `but ( there is always a but ) those
roller you walk on - looks TOO free to me - I might try it with him if he is still around.
The end of the warm weather tomorrow - still it has been nice in the sunshine.
I cant use any of the others equipment - as I still have my right arm dislocated - cant be fixed.

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #203 on: April 01, 2021, 04:29:35 PM »
( subsection prostate cancer). I had a bone scan about 5/6 years ago. All clear, so investigation by hand!- or finger actually, by surgeon to discover prostate much enlarged.My psa? was in the 40's so surgeon said no need for biopsy, " as it's not a very pleasant experience"! I've had injections of a pellet of something in my stomach every 12 weeks since. Initially psa went down to 0.4!, which pleased the surgeon. It's gradually crept up to 0.9 now, so all is well still. If it hasn't spread, I think you are on a winner castle 261.

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: April 01, 2021, 10:14:01 AM »
CT = computer tomography.  X -ray scans that are assembled by computer to produce a 3-d model of your innards.  It means they can look at the size and placement of any tumour as well as looking for secondaries.

Offline castle261

« Reply #201 on: April 01, 2021, 09:54:03 AM »

I start my daily exersize walk today, a quarter of a mile to start with - hope I can get back to a
mile or so  - like I did in February --- 2020 -- I did that - then a bus back.

The only difference now is - I use a cane to start of with - until my legs are stronger !  -----   ::)

Offline castle261

« Reply #200 on: April 01, 2021, 09:35:15 AM »
 I had prostrate biopsy exam 12 years - the doctor took five samples - I was more  :-[  by a
middle age nurse taking notes - near by -  A five yearly check up - then whoopee - All Clear -- 8)

No CT ? - or bone scan - in them days ------ ` What a CT `   --------  Chemical Transaction --        :-\  ?

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2021, 09:27:11 AM »
They anesthetise that part first so it's not too bad.  I picked up an infection in a delicate place though and had to wear an athletic support for three months! :-[   I hope the results aren't too bad, I assume you've already had CT and bone scans.  Good luck.

pete.mason

« Reply #198 on: April 01, 2021, 08:39:08 AM »
Been there, done that, not as bad as the thought of it is. Just keep grinning

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2021, 11:40:18 PM »
Only thing I had from the first jab was a mild headache and a sore arm for a couple of days. 2nd one in the middle of June to look forward to now. Got the joys of a prostate biopsy to look forward to tomorrow....
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.