Author Topic: My future contributions to this group, or lack of.  (Read 7134 times)

bertroid

Re: My future contributions to this group, or lack of.
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2020, 05:41:05 PM »

kms also exaggerates things or rather tells lies to further his end or opinion and he waits secretly to pounce on my posts where I try to defend myself

Clueless what this is about.  No surprise there.

And grandarog, love the models... they have that Wealden Kent/Sussex feel on the western side of the county.

bertroid

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2020, 05:35:29 PM »

I never called bertroid directly anything I did not even name him I simply said what he seems to be.

On the old forum he, then kms, really slated me off and the book I was recommending as a good read he said was absolute rubbish the author Williams Cole Finch never got anything correct with his research but he was a very well known and famous man who was actually there seeing and photographing windmills not like our forum friend sagging him off and altering history and then have the ordacity to write a book about it.
If one reads carefully most of his threads he will slate off Coles books somewhere.

kms also exaggerates things or rather tells lies to further his end or opinion and he waits secretly to pounce on my posts where I try to defend myself

Further more he conived with Kyn to make her really have a o at me and made sure he was safe on the forum the same as he is doing here.... Kyn stopped me from using Guess the Place and I couldn't even view it..... I thought she was being too harsh on me that had not started it all so I handed in my notice and then as a true Kyn she stopped me even viewing the forum... But I downloaded a VPN so the forum could not detect me and I could watch kms antics as he thought I was gone for good.

All these posts on here now are just simply Poor Me posts as he wants attention as he has said himself not many post on his threads..... thing is it is very difficult to post what he writes about as he will come back and more or less say I know better?... also why should he want to remove his posts when he has spent so long researching the once again Poor Me.

I think this pretty much backs up why I have to go.  Lies as usual.  You quoted me five days ago and then described me as an 'obnoxious plagiarising parasite', and then started something about people in here have been questioning my laughable career (!??) which I haven't even discussed.  So if that isn't direct, I don't know what is.  I thanked Stuart for removing your post, after reporting it, and then you thanked him as well!

Seven years ago, in the old forum, I simply mentioned the release date for my book, mentioning that it was putting right many of the inaccuracies in Coles-Finch's book written 87 years ago. You kindly reviewed it as 'rubbish', before it had even been printed.  Then you decided on the same night to review Coles-Finch's book.  Kyn messaged me a couple of days later, after a couple of members had flagged the post, and she ended up ringing me.  She stated that she'd had so many complaints about you, that this was the final blow for your presence in the old forum.  No conniving, just ditching the nasty troll.

As for my posts, strangely research isn't done overnight, and they remain on my hard drive until ready for my very patient publisher.  The idea of putting them on here and the old forum, was to get help in areas with 'extra eyes'.  I have between 500 and 600 sites to deal with, so it's not an easy task. In the last forum Smiffy was particularly helpful, and we went about demolishing Coles-Finch's poor research in his home towns of Chatham and Rochester.  Fortunately when it was actually published, there weren't any reviews in the style of Keith's.  A twenty lecture tour followed with rave reviews.  Unfortunately all the excessive use of my brain led to a brain haemorrhage on Xmas Eve that year, but I'm now fully recovered and doing the other volumes.

I don't know whether you just sit there with 'Guess the Place' permanently on, with a large bottle of meths nearby.

And don't worry, I wasn't expecting an apology.  You aren't the type.

Offline DaveTheTrain

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2020, 05:00:41 PM »
Thank you Stuart, don't envy your mediation duty.

In answer to Mike Gunnill's request .
The Windmills ..
 No 1. was in our back Garden at Sittingbourne .
 No 2 .is currently here in front garden . The Tank was built for this years VE 75 Celebrations.

Rog,

Have you seen the lighthouse in Upchruch, along Wallbridge Lane?  It always made me smile for ingenuity in hiding an ugly telegraph pole.
Dave

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2020, 04:01:44 PM »

The Windmills ..
 No 2 .is currently here in front garden . The Tank was built for this years VE 75 Celebrations.

The mill looks good grandarog, well done. Self taught from the forum!  Do you have to turn the mill into the wind, by hand?

Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2020, 04:00:24 PM »
O dear😱Got it all wrong again,my apologies to any one I may have offended ,made a complete fool of myself,consider myself suitably chastised,promise not to get involved  again,I never seem to learn do I.

Colin:  don't worry and don't be too hard on yourself.

Stay safe
Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline Colin walsh

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2020, 03:11:40 PM »
O dear😱Got it all wrong again,my apologies to any one I may have offended ,made a complete fool of myself,consider myself suitably chastised,promise not to get involved  again,I never seem to learn do I.

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2020, 02:05:46 PM »

The Windmills ..

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2020, 01:22:24 PM »
And sort it out I will. I'm at work right now, but will have a look at it this evening when I get home. I must say that I'm really, really disappointed by this.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 01:16:33 PM »
I am in the middle of updating my computer so with my sausage fingers are trying to use my mobile to type.

I find it amazing how you all slag me off for just one post!
I am not a troll and cannot be bothered as I have been ridiculed most of my life so I know first hand what it feels like.... All of you do not know the whole story so you should not really comment about things you know nothing about.

I never called bertroid directly anything I did not even name him I simply said what he seems to be.

On the old forum he, then kms, really slated me off and the book I was recommending as a good read he said was absolute rubbish the author Williams Cole Finch never got anything correct with his research but he was a very well known and famous man who was actually there seeing and photographing windmills not like our forum friend sagging him off and altering history and then have the ordacity to write a book about it.
If one reads carefully most of his threads he will slate off Coles books somewhere.

Further more he conived with Kyn to make her really have a o at me and made sure he was safe on the forum the same as he is doing here.... Kyn stopped me from using Guess the Place and I couldn't even view it..... I thought she was being too harsh on me that had not started it all so I handed in my notice and then as a true Kyn she stopped me even viewing the forum... But I downloaded a VPN so the forum could not detect me and I could watch kms antics as he thought I was gone for good.

All these posts on here now are just simply Poor Me posts as he wants attention as he has said himself not many post on his threads..... thing is it is very difficult to post what he writes about as he will come back and more or less say I know better?... also why should he want to remove his posts when he has spent so long researching the once again Poor Me.

I am not on this forum to have a go at members so I don't know you all have the blame attitude to me and also call me names?

Still even at 72yrs I still learn who are friendly and who are not?

You appear to have outed-yourself. You were not mentioned by name. Bertroid feels he was "trolled" etc., and because of this is leaving this forum. He feels let down because he was given assurances when he first joined this forum.    What is very clear that a majority of members do not like when a new member gets the bully-boy treatment. Personally I find this shameful and should not happen.

The important thing; is to leave this, for Stuart to sort out. It's his forum. I will not post on this matter until Stuart makes some sort of decision and comment.

Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

KeithG

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 12:35:58 PM »
I am in the middle of updating my computer so with my sausage fingers are trying to use my mobile to type.

I find it amazing how you all slag me off for just one post!
I am not a troll and cannot be bothered as I have been ridiculed most of my life so I know first hand what it feels like.... All of you do not know the whole story so you should not really comment about things you know nothing about.

I am not on this forum to have a go at members so I don't know you all have the blame attitude to me and also call me names?

Still even at 72yrs I still learn who are friendly and who are not?

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2020, 12:02:20 PM »
Mike,having no idea as to the type or method of bullying you have been subjected to,I would like to have Stuart's opinion on the situation,if permissible,one thing I don't want to see on this fourum is the type of thing that happened on the"other"fourum ,as a long time member of the old"fourum"I have a great respect for our Stuart ,I feel strongly the right thing to do will be to leave it to him he will sort it out,one way or another,he has a great big knife as well.

Colin:I have not been the subject of any bullying! Another member of the forum has.

I agree with your comments and would welcome Stuart's opinion.

Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

bertroid

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 11:38:58 AM »
Probably best to scroll back and read all the comments Colin, I would suggest.

Offline Colin walsh

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 11:36:04 AM »
Mike,having no idea as to the type or method of bullying you have been subjected to,I would like to have Stuart's opinion on the situation,if permissible,one thing I don't want to see on this fourum is the type of thing that happened on the"other"fourum ,as a long time member of the old"fourum"I have a great respect for our Stuart ,I feel strongly the right thing to do will be to leave it to him he will sort it out,one way or another,he has a great big knife as well.

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2020, 11:00:31 AM »
Bertroid leaving  must not happen.
       Without Bertroid's wonderful input,  us members would be ignorant about Windmills and there history.
       Stuart  please, exert your authority and Banish the offending Troll from our Forum.
       I like others didn't realise such behavior happened on here or the old forum. We expect it on the gossip groups that abound and are plagued by knuckle draggers but not on here.
       Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That does not entitle them to slag off others work or belittle their efforts .
       Without some of Bertroid's input I could not have built 2 Garden Windmills over recent years .
       This forum is still young and will gradually build up with more subject matter .
       Guess the place is just something to keep folks alert and aware of the County's history.
       The Forum is far more than just that .

Do you have a photograph of your windmill, grandarog? I would like to see it, if so?
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2020, 10:42:39 AM »
Bertroid leaving  must not happen.
       Without Bertroid's wonderful input,  us members would be ignorant about Windmills and there history.
       Stuart  please, exert your authority and Banish the offending Troll from our Forum.
       I like others didn't realise such behavior happened on here or the old forum. We expect it on the gossip groups that abound and are plagued by knuckle draggers but not on here.
       Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That does not entitle them to slag off others work or belittle their efforts .
       Without some of Bertroid's input I could not have built 2 Garden Windmills over recent years .
       This forum is still young and will gradually build up with more subject matter .
       Guess the place is just something to keep folks alert and aware of the County's history.
       The Forum is far more than just that .