Author Topic: Category suggestions  (Read 4862 times)

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
Re: Category suggestions
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2020, 07:48:06 PM »

Events are starting to take a Grip.
Monday 08:10 normally a quiet time at the Sava Centre was busy and by 8:30 was packed, all looking for soap. tinned food and toiler rolls.

Longpockets

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2020, 09:35:26 AM »
self isolate for maybe 3 months

I wish you well.

Take care.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2020, 06:40:38 PM »
Dave, a wise decision I think. All sounds very "Survivors" (who remembers that show?). I wish you and yours well.

I'll be opening a new category about epidemics and outbreaks this evening. As well as people's experiences about the current situation, I'd also like it to include articles about previous disease epidemics such as the 1918 Flu and the grand-daddy of them all, the Black Death of the mid-14th century.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2020, 05:13:58 PM »
Dave, you have made a sensible decision. I live off the main road with a secluded garden, I have
decided a walk in the garden, with no other people, will break the ` stay in doors `.
 So good luck to you & your family. I am glad I have a computer, at times like this.

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2020, 12:21:38 PM »
Coronavirus. In case anyone other than Castle wishes to contribute, this May be a long haul! My daughter's partner who did a post graduate course on pandemics, etc., suggested that I, who am 89 but fortunately without respiratory problems, go back to Scotland with her & we will all self isolate for maybe 3 months. No contact with anyone in the Stockport area before we go & as they live out in the wilds, hopefully the area will remain free & I will return in due course. Wishing everyone, especially the Administrators & contributors, on KHF a safe & virus free time in the coming weeks/months. Afraid the Internet is pretty poor where they are but I'll keep in touch as & when!   

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 04:15:38 AM »
Should there not be a section, for this Coronavirus. After all we are living history in the year 2020,
at the start of possibly the worst world wide epidemic since the Spanish Flu. a hundred years ago.

I for one, on account of my extreme age, will not venture outside my home & garden, until it becomes clear, the virus is contained. Supplies will be brought to my door, and left, by my daughter.
Two confirmed case of young girl`s having the virus, have been reported, last week, in my town.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2019, 09:01:37 PM »
I've added topics with those titles under the General Kent History Board.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »
There was a section on the old forum called "Residential" that would work, but perhaps a "Domestic and residential" heading that would cover all aspects of private housing and another for "Civic buildings" which could include town halls, schoolhouses, libraries and other important structures might be better. If it's felt they're needed, at some later date some of these categories could be given their own sections.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 09:07:20 PM »
Smiffy, don't ever worry about being a pain. What do you suggest?

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2019, 08:36:36 PM »
Sorry to be a pain but I'm looking to post an updated article featuring Rome House that was originally on the old forum, but I'm not sure if we have the appropriate category for subjects like this yet either.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2019, 06:47:43 PM »
Hi Smiffy,

I must admit that one slipped through the net. I've now added a topic 'Brewers and Breweries', under Industry.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2019, 05:58:07 PM »
I'm looking to post something about a brewery but can't really find a suitable category.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2019, 10:13:29 PM »
I thang yow.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2019, 09:00:39 PM »
I've added a board as suggested, under the Transport Category.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2019, 05:06:09 PM »
I was going to make a post concerning Kingsferry bridge, but there doesn't yet seem to be a suitable category. I suggested river crossings as this would cover all options such as bridges, ferries, tunnels, fords etc, but if someone has a better suggestion let it be known.