Author Topic: Kyn's old Forum.  (Read 2934 times)

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
Re: Kyn's old Forum.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2019, 08:20:40 PM »
Alec,

Yes indeed, a sad and somewhat pointless end. As far as Kyn is concerned, I said all I needed to say on the old forum and will not repeat it here.

Onwards and upwards......
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Invicta Alec

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2019, 07:26:34 PM »
There are two things that are obvious to me about the old forum.

1. Most people who harshly criticise Kyn are probably unaware of the personal tragedies the poor woman recently suffered.

2. Kyn misread people's good intentions to step in and save her forum and instead lashed out.

A sad end to a valuable history tool.

Alec.

Offline Medway Born and Bred

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 06:29:16 PM »

Hi Grandarog,

Birthday greetings can be automated with the Forum software, so it looks like the lights are on, but nobody's at home.

Smiffy, you make a good point about the license expiry on the old Forum. That's why it's important for people to move their stuff over to the new one. Once that domain name expires, the site will probably be taken down by the host and then it's gone. For good, unless Kyn has a change of heart, which given her last message on the old forum, seems highly unlikely.

Certainly was a shame how the old forum ended, Kyn certainly was extremely bitter about everything. She used to do a wonderful job on their, she certainly had some bad luck.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 07:36:20 PM »
The old site is not secure, so the vast bulk of those are probably spam bots [size=78%]trying to find a way in. [/size]
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

bertroid

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 06:32:54 PM »

It's easy enough to move the original posts.  But not so easy to move the replies!

Offline shoot999

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 06:23:01 PM »
I see the old forum was showing 860 guests today. So up about 600 on the best ever. Either its suddenly become  very popular ; which I doubt  ;D , or the things slowly falling apart. Shame we can't move more of it over here. Think I'll take this opportunity to revisit  Pee Cee's World for a final read through before it finally all disappears.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 05:18:35 PM »
Hi Grandarog,

Birthday greetings can be automated with the Forum software, so it looks like the lights are on, but nobody's at home.

Smiffy, you make a good point about the license expiry on the old Forum. That's why it's important for people to move their stuff over to the new one. Once that domain name expires, the site will probably be taken down by the host and then it's gone. For good, unless Kyn has a change of heart, which given her last message on the old forum, seems highly unlikely.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 12:47:08 PM »
You can still log on and modify any previous posts you may have made on the old forum, plus there are still one or two topics you can post in. However, unless things change the registration will expire in August next year and that will probably be the final nail in the coffin.

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
Kyn's old Forum.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 12:14:57 PM »
The old forum is still available to peruse and I thought it was archived . Today I had a birthday message from the team. Even if auto generated  the site must still be semi active.