Author Topic: Posting ?  (Read 2048 times)

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
Re: Posting ?
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 07:50:12 PM »
I agree Dave and thank you for the supportive post. I've just installed an upgrade which will make the Forum more visible on Social Media, where the first post in a thread can be shared to your Facebook page. You may not have noticed the 'Share' link at the bottom of the first post in a thread.

CliveH is a member and I'm in touch with him from time to time. He's already a published author and is somewhat busy at the moment. He has promised to post stuff he's expert in (Defences and Fortified Places etc) when he gets time.

In the meantime, I'm more than happy with how things are going right now and as you say, it will build momentum over time.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline DaveTheTrain

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 09:27:16 PM »
I'm sure there are. I see old photos being posted on the Medway History Facebook Group all the time and I do feel a little envious that people are not posting them on here, where they can be searched instead of being lost in the crown like they would be on Facebook. I'm doing my best to move all my stuff off the old forum and it would be nice if there are contributors from the old forum on here who are also willing and able to move their stuff over.

I think it take a little time to get momentum up again, Stuart.  But, I think we will get there.  I think its a bit like a new house, we are still finding our feet and need to get back into the rhythm of things again.  The darker evenings will help.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 07:49:21 PM »

I was wondering whether or not after moving articles and postings over, the original should then be deleted from the old forum and something like   

"Removed to www.kenthistoryforum.com"

left in its place. Seems a bit destructive, but everything there will eventually be lost anyway and it may prompt a few more people to make the move across.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 06:43:33 PM »
I'm sure there are. I see old photos being posted on the Medway History Facebook Group all the time and I do feel a little envious that people are not posting them on here, where they can be searched instead of being lost in the crown like they would be on Facebook. I'm doing my best to move all my stuff off the old forum and it would be nice if there are contributors from the old forum on here who are also willing and able to move their stuff over.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
Posting ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 11:01:44 AM »
I have just looked at the membership board, and quite surprised how MANY member`s on here.
Now, with that many members, there must be a few TRUE facts & stories to be told.