Author Topic: Great to be here.  (Read 3630 times)

bertroid

Re: Great to be here.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 06:43:14 PM »
Hello everyone! 🙂
I was shocked and sad to see the demise of the old KHF, but glad this new one has been created. Thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes.
I am Sandi by the way, I did go to a few of the meetings, and I wrote some posts on the forum.
I look forward to catching up.

And a happy migration to you Sandi.

Sandi

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 01:42:12 PM »
Hello everyone! 🙂
I was shocked and sad to see the demise of the old KHF, but glad this new one has been created. Thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes.
I am Sandi by the way, I did go to a few of the meetings, and I wrote some posts on the forum.
I look forward to catching up.

Offline de Mol

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2019, 01:34:36 PM »
Thank you for letting me join!
All the best for the New Forum.
Regards from Germany,
Martin.

Offline John Walker

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2019, 02:57:49 PM »
Not sure if this has already been mentioned but the member list is still available on the old site complete with email links.

John

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2019, 02:14:13 PM »
Thanks Stuart, your latest tip worked, I will not change it.

Offline AlanTH

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2019, 10:27:07 AM »
Just rattle rattle everyone, always good to hear the stories about people and places of the towns in particular. Strange how sometimes I can remember things from way back yet completely forget what the Cook just told me to do. :)
AlanTH.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 10:17:22 PM »
Afternoon all.  Formerly kms on the old site and bert before that.  I'm the chap that keeps rattling on about windmills.
And I'm opening the windmill at Keston for a one off on 21st Sept, 11-5, if anyone fancies something different.

You rattle on about windmills all you like bertroid, in fact the more you rattle on, the happier I'll be. If you don't mind, I'll put your information about the Keston windmill as a news item, so everyone can see it.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline AlanTH

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 10:15:02 AM »
Truly excellent and many thanks to all those involved. I've nearly retained my old user name but have now inserted my middle initial as my older sister picked that name for me when I was born and she likes to know I do use it. :)
AlanTH.

bertroid

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 06:09:49 PM »

Afternoon all.  Formerly kms on the old site and bert before that.  I'm the chap that keeps rattling on about windmills.

And I'm opening the windmill at Keston for a one off on 21st Sept, 11-5, if anyone fancies something different.

Offline DaveTheTrain

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 11:10:18 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals .Nice to be back in touch .Thanks for starting the new Forum. :) :)

Hi Rog,  good to see you back on the new forum.
DTT

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 02:06:14 PM »
They should be in the top left hand corner of the screen, right underneath where it says "hello (username)" . The text is quite small and I'm going to look at making it a bit more prominent over the weekend.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Stewie

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 12:52:03 PM »

I have also successfully migrated across from the 'old' to the 'new' Kent History Forum (and maintained my username), so many thanks to Bilgerat / Stuart for taking the initiative and getting things going again.
Though I suspect that I have already caused confusion of the 'Guess the Place' blog!
One comment for consideration if I may, is that the 'replies' and 'unread' flags do not seem to be there anymore, I always found these useful when I logged on.

Best regards for the future

Stewie

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 07:53:41 AM »
Welcome to the new KHF grandarog, I hope you like it as much as we all liked the old one. If you have any articles on the old forum, please feel free to copy them over..

Offline grandarog

• Mr
  • Man of Kent .Born and Bred.
Great to be here.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 09:51:33 PM »
Hi Guys and Gals .Nice to be back in touch .Thanks for starting the new Forum. :) :)