Maritime History > Rivers, Canals and other Inland Waterways

The Medway

(1/3) > >>

Bill Jones:
that is very very strange as I could not post a blank message even if I tried hard. Maybe it is a picture of a white cat in a snowstorm in mote Park which is what Hugo (my partner) just suggested me. I actually was trying to post a video of the lake that I took on my telephone.

pete.mason:
Mine not showing anything either

castle261:
Bill Jones - cant get your latest in ` The Medway `- old computer.

Bill Jones:

castle261:
                                                                  The Thames

Now the river runs north of Kent
                                                      Where does it start, I do desent
                                                    `Its up past London, they do say`
                                                    `Maybe Middlesex, or on the way`

Let start now at Hampton Court
                                                     Where King Henry ate & fought
                                                     It`s good day out for you & me
                                                     A nice place for our - cream tea

We carry on from Richmond true
                                                     The sun shines - there`s a clue
                                                     Now we are near to the - tower
                                                     Where `Belfast` has the power

We come to the Mayors domain
                                                     New building we will not remain
                                                     Then next come`s to the tower     
                                                     A seat of such- diobolical power

Where two Prince`s kept inside
                                                     Alas, but with no where to hide
                                                     Did they get in, the way of fate
                                                     Not through - the traitors gate

Tower bridge opens to let pass
                                                     Our vessel that moves - so fast
                                                     To ply it`s way to pastures new
                                                     With new captain & merry crew

We pass a new dockland scene
                                                     Was warehouse`s now to flats
                                                     We come to, Greenwich village
                                                     Where people eat their spinach

From here the river flows to sea
                                                     Past Gravesend where boats be
                                                     Took day trippers on trips to sea
                                                     To Margate makes them feel free

Our journey, now nears it`s end
                                                     Past Allhallows now on the bend
                                                     We have dillied & dallied - all day 
                                                     It`s fairwell to you I have to say

Copyright by castle 261 April 24. 2020

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version