Author Topic: 15 Minute Read No5 BUT -24hrs Only, NOW DELETED.  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Mike Gunnill

Re: 15 Minute Read No5 BUT -24hrs Only, then delete-
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2020, 01:45:15 PM »
Fascinating stuff Mike, it's a crying shame you're only going to leave it up for 24 hours, but I totally understand your reasons why. Where on earth do you find all this information?
PS Stuart: I don't know how this works, but when do I come out of 'new member' status. Are exams involved, money or just patience!
You have a really good web site here, thanks again for bringing it back.

Kind Regards

Mike

Thank you for your kind words Mike. Well, I'm not above having my palm crossed with silver when the situation calls for it :)

The required numbers of posts to be "promoted" are:

Jr Member - 50
Full Member - 100
Sr Member - 250
Hero Member - 500

"Guess the Place" posts count.

Many thanks. I wasn't trying to jump the system so grateful for the posting requirements.

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 12:03:00 PM »
Fascinating stuff Mike, it's a crying shame you're only going to leave it up for 24 hours, but I totally understand your reasons why. Where on earth do you find all this information?
PS Stuart: I don't know how this works, but when do I come out of 'new member' status. Are exams involved, money or just patience!

Kind Regards

Mike

Thank you for your kind words Mike. Well, I'm not above having my palm crossed with silver when the situation calls for it :)

The required numbers of posts to be "promoted" are:

Jr Member - 50
Full Member - 100
Sr Member - 250
Hero Member - 500

"Guess the Place" posts count.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 10:03:21 AM »
Excellent, well researched and nicely written.  And not that far from me, either.  Thank you.

Thank you Mr Train. Nice part of the world!
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline DaveTheTrain

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 10:30:32 PM »
Excellent, well researched and nicely written.  And not that far from me, either.  Thank you.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 10:10:56 PM »
It took longer to become a more senior member on the old forum as I think "Guess the Place" posts were in general chat and weren't counted.

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 06:47:58 PM »
Mike. Patience. You can't bring forward your posts from KHF1, so like me, Patience! It doesn't make us lesser people because we are New Members. I think those who regularly participate in the " guess the place" are the ones with most " stars". Thanks for your 15 minute reads, I'm sure many members have a good read.

Thx Dave, I have never been good with that word " patience". You sound just like my mother!  Thanks for your kind comments about the read!

Thank you. Stay safe
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 05:00:28 PM »
Mike. Patience. You can't bring forward your posts from KHF1, so like me, Patience! It doesn't make us lesser people because we are New Members. I think those who regularly participate in the " guess the place" are the ones with most " stars". Thanks for your 15 minute reads, I'm sure many members have a good read.

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 03:43:55 PM »

Kind Regards

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 03:39:26 PM »

Thank you Stuart. This was about 4 months research. Not all the time, I usually work for three weeks and then work on something else and keep going back. Strange way of writing and research but it seems to work for me.

Keep safe

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 03:08:47 PM »
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Mike Gunnill

15 Minute Read No5 BUT -24hrs Only, NOW DELETED.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 11:39:24 AM »
Now deleted after 24 hours. Another post soon.

Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >