Author Topic: The 15 Minute Read No2  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Mike Gunnill

Re: The 15 Minute Read No2
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 06:32:07 PM »
You're welcome Mike. I work in an industry where staying at home is not an option (unless it's enforced by illness). Someone has got to keep the sewage network and all the associated plant running, so people like me in the waste-water industry don't have the option of working from home. 

Should I be unfortunate enough to contract the dreaded lurgy, I have a very long article on a particularly long-lived ship of "Nelson's Navy", which needs more research and writing.

Looking forward to your next contribution....

Keep safe Stuart in these strange times. Well done for bringing this forum back to life. Many thx for that

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 06:19:58 PM »
You're welcome Mike. I work in an industry where staying at home is not an option (unless it's enforced by illness). Someone has got to keep the sewage network and all the associated plant running, so people like me in the waste-water industry don't have the option of working from home. 

Should I be unfortunate enough to contract the dreaded lurgy, I have a very long article on a particularly long-lived ship of "Nelson's Navy", which needs more research and writing.

Looking forward to your next contribution....
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Mike Gunnill

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 01:26:59 PM »
Mike, both these articles are brilliant and this kind of writing is one of the reasons I was so determined that the Kent History Forum should live on.. Thank you so much for them.

Very kind Stuart, thank you. As perhaps more of us stay in doors, I thought with a cup of tea or coffee the 15 minute read might help little. I will post a new one every week.

Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 11:33:28 AM »
Mike, both these articles are brilliant and this kind of writing is one of the reasons I was so determined that the Kent History Forum should live on.. Thank you so much for them.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Mike Gunnill

The 15 Minute Read No2
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 09:25:02 AM »
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >