Author Topic: Category suggestions  (Read 4812 times)

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
Re: Category suggestions
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 09:06:41 PM »
Now done. Can members have a look and let me know what they think?
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 08:38:52 PM »
Looking through the categories and boards on the admin page, I did actually create categories for things such as transport and religion. Because I hand't created any boards, those categories don't show. Hey-ho, you live and learn. I'll crack on and do them now....
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 08:24:55 PM »
If you are happy to do the creating/moving, then I think that is an excellent suggestion.  Where would you prefer uncategorised posts to go?  Here for example?  Thanks for your hard work.

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 08:17:28 PM »
My original idea was (and my bad for not passing it on) was to keep the numbers of different boards and categories to a minimum to start with, then once people start posting, to create subject headers and have a move-around. If it is the opinion of m'learned friends that the subject headers need to be created now, then it only takes 5 minutes to do. What do we think?

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 05:41:50 PM »
Agree about churches and religion.  I've just tried to post a church-related item.

Offline Smiffy

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 02:10:57 PM »
Hello everyone, nice to be able to start posting again, thanks to Stuart.

A few suggestions of my own:

River crossings (bridges, ferries etc.)

There was a heading in the old forum called Residential. Something like this (Civilian buildings and structures?) would be handy for important or interesting non-military buildings, housing, follies, monuments, etc.

Emergency services  - Fire, Police, Ambulance and Coast Guard, Air/Sea rescue.

I agree about the Transport heading - Railways, Buses & Trams, Road Haulage etc.

Ecclesiastical - Churches and related religious subjects.

Highways is another that springs to mind.

Unfortunately this begins to inflate things a bit, but if you want to post about any of these things at the moment there isn't a suitable section.

Start mulling!

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 12:13:13 PM »
Yes  thank you for this BRAND new Forum Stuart. --- I have a new name, for an old member !

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 11:48:24 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion Alec, I'll take a look at it when I get home from work.

Offline Invicta Alec

Category suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 10:20:17 AM »
I'd like to congratulate Stuart on getting the new forum up and running. He has just added a new category where we can share all things to do with retail. This was a very popular section on the old forum.

Another old favourite was transport in all its guises and is one I'd like to see a new category for. I'm sure some of you will have your own ideas. Let's give Stuart a few ideas to mull over!

Alec.