Author Topic: Coronavirus. 2020  (Read 30369 times)

Offline CAT

Re: Coronavirus. 2020
« Reply #106 on: June 15, 2020, 03:57:10 PM »
Hindsight is always a cheap political tool.
Just wait for the blame-game, which will last for a further few years and could even topple a government. Could anyone have done it differently? We shall hopefully never know, though with the typical man/woman in the street more worried about getting that pointless un-needed bargain instead of being responsible for the greater good of all, who knows what will happen?

Offline Invicta Alec

« Reply #105 on: June 15, 2020, 03:21:34 PM »
The government can make as many rules/guidelines as it wants but its all a bit pointless when you see on the news the crush of people trying to get into a London west end store this morning.

Social distance average : about an inch.
Percentage wearing masks : about 15
Percentage wearing masks but not covering their noses : 25
Vital merchandise sold in the store : Nike trainers

Think what you like about Boris and his colleagues efforts do but try to make intelligent comments that do not benefit from the luxury of hindsight.
This is a pandemic, not a game about political point scoring.

Alec.

Offline shoot999

« Reply #104 on: June 15, 2020, 12:21:14 PM »
I blame the scapegoats

bertroid

« Reply #103 on: June 15, 2020, 11:19:39 AM »
Unfortunately support staff and medical experts are appointed by governments in place, so it's not unfair to blame the people that appointed them.  It's on the news this morning that our current Prime Minister scrapped a Pandemic response committee six months before it hit.  This had been in place for a number of years, waiting for the supposedly inevitable.  Unfortunate timing on that one is just about the kindest words I can use.

Offline mmitch

« Reply #102 on: June 15, 2020, 10:49:01 AM »

I strongly suspect that while we rightly praise the 'Frontline heros' there a lot more in the background who fail to do even their normal job properly. Remember the last 'Foot and Mouth' outbreak? Nobody could remember how to tackle it, so they called in the army. This time the PPE we had got was in the wrong place and there wasn't a proper system to deliver it. Call in the army again. It's easy to blame Ministers but if the 'support staff' don't do their job then the efforts of the heros will be reduced.
mmitch.

KeithG

« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2020, 03:21:21 PM »
Well... we certainly have demonstrations now!
All the good work that was done being undone?

I wish they would leave the two sides to fight it out in the  Street that may sort it out instead of abusing our Police Force.

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2020, 05:51:49 PM »
Lyn. That's all we need! A section of the community are always ready for a demonstration which is ok normally but now, after most of us have spent weeks/months " keeping our distance" or not going out, the idiots are ignoring everything.  Don't be surprised if there is a flare up.

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2020, 10:13:56 AM »
Will it ever end when all those taking part in demonstrations the last week ? Makes me really angry to see what they are subjecting so many to and the poor Police having to try and control them. Today I have to have a new washing machine installed, I've only been to my local shop  nowhere else , but there's always that risk.  :'(

KeithG

« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2020, 10:06:10 AM »
Well... just finished my 12th week as I started when Boris first mentioned shielding and I feel like doing a 13th because of all these numbskulls not bothering with 2 metre rule.
I won't wear a mask as the virus can still enter the eyes and I haven't been anywhere to infect others?

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2020, 09:22:32 AM »
I know what you mean Castle.  A week ago I received a letter from the NHS telling me to stay shielding until June 30th.  Now it appears I can leave the property.  I must confess I'm particularly keen to get out to my yacht to check her over, I've not seen her since March.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2020, 08:58:02 AM »
Seems the Government has gone mad. - In my case - (I am in 1%) I can now go out for a walk.
I will wait - until June 15th - to see if it is working - (by results). I do have my garden + golf (putting).

KeithG

« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2020, 01:31:36 PM »
I do agree about the Nation pulling together but the media and especially Labour just seem to always try to drive a wedge between it all and stop progress...

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #94 on: May 24, 2020, 04:52:53 PM »
The mood of the nation is great at the moment, everyone pulling together,

Offline Cosmo Smallpiece

« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2020, 10:43:31 PM »
Hi Lyn. I'd like to think that kind of thing was the "mood of the nation". There was also the call for volunteers, and over a million stepped forward, IIRC. The Clap for Carers every Thursday. The whole "Sir" Captain Tom phenomenon and those who donated. Within hours of the lockdown a chap from our road put a note through everyone's door offering help for those self-isolating.

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2020, 01:20:25 PM »
A friend of mine has been making PPE bags amongst others for NHS staff, after they had enough locally the rest were sent to Care Homes etc, my sewing machine has seized up  ( lack of use ) so I couldn't help. Well done to all those volunteers.