Author Topic: Chatham Cemetary Parmestone Road !  (Read 2290 times)

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
Re: Chatham Cemetary Parmestone Road !
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 12:52:13 AM »
Thank you Hodge, that explains a lot. very enlightening.

That was one of my stories, from the old site. I have brought several over, & the discussions,
seems have been ----------- good.

Offline Hodge

Re: Chatham Cemetary Parmestone Road !
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2020, 11:25:15 PM »

The purchasing of a grave gives the owner burial rights for a period stated on the deed at the time of purchase. The following link explains the procedure in Medway.

https://www.medway.gov.uk/info/200157/deaths/48/burials/6

My guess is that your friend's family purchased the burial rights for a shorter period than those older plots which have not been grassed over.

Hope this helps.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
Chatham Cemetary Parmestone Road !
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 06:49:39 PM »
While visiting my brothers grave several years ago, I noticed my old school chum, we exchanged
comics, had died. He was three months younger than me. He had a stone over his grave, so I used
to say `hello ` to him.  then a few years later, the stone was removed, the whole area behind my
brother`s was grassed over. `That was that`so I thought. Still a year or two later, a new stone
appeared with him on it, and with his surname on it. His wife, or mother, sister, I thought.
I paid my respects to him as usual, until the grave stone disappeared, and grassed over, again.
Many gravestone`s, a lot older than my friend, have not been grassed over, so `why` my friend`s ?