Author Topic: Coronavirus. 2020  (Read 30339 times)

Offline Lyn L

Re: Coronavirus. 2020
« Reply #151 on: January 07, 2021, 04:33:25 PM »
My brother had his 2nd jab yesterday so his date  wasn't changed.

Offline castle261

• Life is for living - Love is for giving.
« Reply #150 on: January 07, 2021, 04:17:20 PM »
A phone call this morning - Vaccine jab tonight - 6.40 pm.
This is the same time as some other people had their vaccine cancelled on Jan - 7th - Strange that.

Offline johnfilmer

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: December 25, 2020, 01:39:29 PM »
Welcome to Tier4  ::)
Illegitimus nil carborundum

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
« Reply #148 on: December 10, 2020, 11:49:56 AM »
Glad to know all are well. My employer has taken some good common sense precautions to prevent this disease tearing through the workforce. As we work in the field, outdoors we socially distance and have formed "work bubbles", try to avoid vehicle-hopping as far as possible and ensure social distancing and mask-wearing when working with others outside our own work bubbles.

My dad is in my home support bubble, but my elder daughter, her husband and the grandkids are not. My son in law is a prison officer and they are now tested weekly.

My granddaughter had it but has now fully recovered. Her only symptom was a loss of her senses of taste and smell. She had to isolate in her bedroom for 2 weeks, not easy for a 17-year old. The whole family had to isolate for two weeks as well.

My daughter in the USA had it and had difficulty breathing. Her doctor put her on an athsma-style inhaler and thankfully she's now on the mend.

My grandson has had to stay off school again due to someone in his class catching it.

They reckon it'll be another year or so before things return to anything like normality once the vaccination program gets fully underway.
"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #147 on: December 10, 2020, 11:37:57 AM »
castle 261. I thought it very relevant in that program when that postal worker who nearly died, said that there were people in his office who never wore masks with a "why should I,I,I?" attitude. I'm sure that that attitude is partly responsible for a lot of outbreaks.  p.s. I sent a message to DtheT saying how glad I was to hear that he was now well again- but it didn't appear on KHF!

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #146 on: December 10, 2020, 09:48:27 AM »
Thanks DTT very useful 1st hand experience is always good to know, glad you back to normal.

I'm trying to keep clear but now my son has 2 people in his office confirmed and with his daughter at school and his son at nursery there remains a high risk of him getting it. So we are keeping clear for the time being and a Sunday Zoom is the best we can do. Still planning to meet up for Christmas if he stays clear of it.

Offline castle261

« Reply #145 on: December 10, 2020, 09:32:35 AM »
Re-action to the virus may be different - I have been shielded from it - since March 10th -
very carefully - none of my family have it. - There was a good programme - on BBC 2 - late last night

Longpockets

« Reply #144 on: December 10, 2020, 09:30:24 AM »
Glad to hear all back to normal, thanks for the summary, very helpful to hear the timeline from someone who has been infected rather than just be advised of a list of symptoms from an "expert". Many thanks.

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2020, 10:57:18 PM »
Good to hear you are back to normal.  Also good to hear that T&T were persistent, there's been a lot of (probably justified) criticism in that direction.  I'm still nervous though, 10 years older, asthmatic, diabetic and with cancer.  Wife's a teacher, elder son is a trainee teacher and younger son is due back from uni on Saturday.

Offline DaveTheTrain

« Reply #142 on: December 09, 2020, 10:25:12 PM »
Much to my surprise (given how careful we have been in our house), we all have Coronavirus!  Yuk. 

It came via my daughters school, and was thus inevitable I suppose that we would get it. 

I thought a quick summary of what happened may be interesting to those who have not had it yet, and a nervous (like I was).

My first clue, was on the Tuesday morning when I could not taste my breakfast, that, and a very mild headache. I worked all Tuesday (from home) and was busy so did not really think much about it. 

Wednesday the clues were stacking up, and I felt very cold a lot of the day... still no taste, but no real major issues.  It just felt like the start of a cold. 

On the Thursday evening I went to bed at 8pm, oh dear... but not before booking a Coronavirus test for the following day at 10am - I thought I would know the worse soon.   Thursday night was terrible, vivid dreams, freezing cold and i could not settle to sleep. 

Friday was much the same. 

By the time my results came in on Saturday afternoon I was feeling much better.  The results were Positive for Coronavirus.  This is the start of many many text messages and phone calls from Test and Trace.  They don't give up.

Sunday I leapt out of bed as usual and have felt fine ever since.

And so my summary is, I had it for probably 3 days of which two were rough.  And then it was back to normal. I am 54 so not in the worst part of the age range, but even so the prediction is 12% of people will be hospitalised.

All back to normal now.
DTT

Offline Lutonman

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2020, 12:14:59 PM »
I have had to phone my doctor regularly in the last few weeks and it just get tiring hearing the same old message about not coming to the surgery "if you have ... " But I have to say I rarely need to wait more than 10 mins to get through.

Different Doctors I guess

Offline MartinR

• Administrator
  • Yorkshire exile, father of two Men of Kent
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2020, 05:11:04 PM »
<rant>The side effects of the pandemic are getting well past a joke.  I've just spent the afternoon trying to phone the doctors' to get an appontment for my anti-cancer injection.  I need it once every 12 weeks to keep "the alien" in check.  60 attempts to get through, and on the 61st attempt finally got in the queue.  45 minutes of mind-numbing musak later and at last I was able to speak to a person, only to be told that the appointments for the week of the 17th are too far in the future, try again next week.  The frustrating think is that is just what they said last week - try again this week. Oh, and before you ask last week was a similar number of failed connections and then a long wait with the same din.</rant>

Offline Dave Smith

« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2020, 04:58:28 PM »
So happy for you Stuart. A weight off your shoulders!

Offline castle261

« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2020, 01:11:00 PM »
Still Waters run deep
With a gigantic - leap
The news is --- great
Best wishes --- Mate.

Offline Lyn L

« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2020, 12:35:18 PM »
So pleased to hear that Stuart  ;D x