Travel and Transport > Roads, Tracks and Paths

`Public Cleaning `

(1/3) > >>

castle261:
We got time off of school to attend with our mother`s, a clinic in New Road Rochester,
at the top of Star Hill, where we had our dose of cod liver oil & malt. An Academy now

grandarog:
Remember the winter of 1947.Milk bottles cardboard caps pushed up on top of an inch of frozen milk.Brought in and put on the open fire guard to thaw out.Some bottles would have split and drip. Cries of "Teacher Milk" whereupon she would decant offending bottles into a huge enamel jug. Senior pupils had their milk from the jug in a cup. Us plebs had to make do with a paper straw that went soggy before the bottle was empty.At least it took the taste of the CodLiverOil &Malt administered on the communal desert spoon away..... ,no Elf and Safety then !.We all survived :)

castle261:
I was a milk monitor too at Glencoe Road School, with a green shield badge.
Made you think, you were someone special !

KeithG:
I was one of a few milk monitors at Temple School in 1961and all our milk was kept outside and only brought in when going to be used. Very rarely frozen even then as it was kept protected from frost etc.

Ours were third of pint also as i believe was the norm but we always had extras.

castle261:
I had one third of a pint of milk in the morning break & one in the afternoon break. Priviledged ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version