Author Topic: Radar Stations and Searchlight Emplacements  (Read 2175 times)

Offline stuartwaters

• Administrator
Re: Radar Stations and Searchlight Emplacements
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2020, 07:32:44 AM »
Trolling is where people are harassed online. The old Forum, which had been going a lot longer than this one has, was taken down by its owner for reasons best known to herself. That's all I want to say about that, except to say that she refused all offers of help and an offer from me and probably others too to take it over, including the costs of running it.

I'm going to lock this thread now, because it's a subject which has been gone over ad nauseum elsewhere.

"I did not say the French would not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent.

Offline DaveTheTrain

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 09:05:41 PM »
Ah Bill, we had something of a change in circumstances.  The lady who ran the old forum pulled it from the internet, after some vandalism I believe by persons unknown.  It never came back, and so Stuart after a period of about 9 months started a new KHF which we are all hoping gets as popular as the old one.

It is a great shame that the old forum died, but the lady was adamant that it would not restart.  That is all I know and was on both the old forum and this new one.  Along the way we lost a few members due to old age like peterchall and CDP.  Others simply stopped looking to see if the old forum had restarted and have not found the new one.  But hang in there it is bobbing along and will get busier.
Dave

Offline Bill Jones

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 02:44:28 PM »
Is this what is called trolling? I am wondering if this forum is very serious or if again it is not. I remember looking here years ago when I was in BVI and thinking it was an amazing forum and would help me a lot when I moved to Kent, but all of the postings have now gone?

Offline Mike Gunnill

Radar Stations and Searchlight Emplacements
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 10:37:51 AM »
Sorry I am a Virgo, I don't like empty forum sections

;) Mike
Mike Gunnill

< One Day More >